Sunday, August 23, 2009

Its "ALIVE"
















The 68 Ford F100 came alive after sitting dormant for 15 years. What a day it was! My Parents, brother and neices came to visit our beautiful home in S.C. While my Mom had the kiddos out shopping for school clothes, my dad, brother and I decided to tinker with the truck. I already had the distributor out so we had to find its timing from the start. I changed the oil and it poured out like water all over the garage floor. We took the inspection plate off to reveal little rust and to make sure all the lifters, pushrods and rockers were moving freely. We put oil in it, reinstalled the distributor and ran the battery out before it even sounded like it wanted to start. After the battery out of my SUV, a can of ether, and alot of turning the distributor, IT CAME to LIFE. It blew all kind of black carbon and rust out of the tail pipe. The first time it was short lived, like maybe 2 seconds. After the shimer of hope we kept at it until we were able to run a squeeze bottle of gas through the carb and actually created heat throughout the motor. After Chandler got back we acted like we hadn't got it started yet and put him in the Cab to turn over the motor while we poured gas in the carb..... VVVVVRRRRRROOOOMMMM. He had a smile from ear to ear. It simply amazes me knowing this truck has sat for 15 years and we got it started in an afternoon worht of work. Enjoy the pics.

No comments: